Monday, October 31, 2011

A New Post with A Picture (A Thesis of Sorts)

As has been stated previously, this blog will be about houses.  Well, mostly houses...  It may veer off into other subjects, but is that not the way of things?  This may turn out to be some metaphysical journal, but I shall hope for the best.  I do like big words and sounding a tad bit British... 

Anyway, what I would like to do is take pictures of houses I do like and then explain to you (dear reader) what it is I like about them.  The plan is also to take pictures of houses I don't like and criticize them (this will be the fun part, I think, anyway).  If I can, I will try to go into the architectural style and such of the house in question, but we shall see.  I hope this clears things up for all, even if it does sound like the start of some kind of thesis and term paper.

The other day, I was taking a walk in my neighborhood (camera in hand) to find some worthy subjects for discussion.  It was cool and getting late, so here is one house to start us off. 

This is on the street approaching the house.  It is on the corner, which I love.  And how can you not be dazzled by the fall colors?  I ask you!
  Closer still!  Can you see the railroad sign yet? 
There it is!  Red and white - it reminds me of a barn.  I like barns...


Just the fall street. 

And a closer side view. 


This is enough for now.  You thought I would get all windy and rabbit-trail chattering on you, but I didn't.  That, I will save for next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment